cuteblog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

I love this time of the year!!! I think most people do. Something about all the wonderful traditions, lights, giving, food, family time...all the many things that make me look forward to December.

I love the Magic of Christmas but I battle with making sure my children know the real reason for the season. Santa sent Carter and Lily a wonderful gift this week. A letter and an elf. The letter was perfect. Santa talked about how he knows Jesus. How he knows Jesus' grace. He knows we aren't perfect and loves us anyway. Santa sent Henry the Elf to leave with us in December and ask that we help teach Henry about God's grace. Carter loved receiving a package from Santa. I loved watching him!

Our tree is up, presents are purchased, wrapped and under the tree. This Christmas season I plan on doing lots of fun memory making activities with my kids. Did I mention my amazing job gives me 2 weeks off in December!! Yes, I'm aware how blessed I am!

Merry Christmas family and friends. Remember to slow down this season, take a deep breathe and look around! We tend to rush through our days to hurry to the next project we let all the little things slip us by. Sit and enjoy the lights on your tree, read the story of Jesus' birth, bake something you haven't baked in a while...just enjoy the season!!

My favorite sign I saw on Pinterest said "Wise men still seek Him!" I know I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment