cuteblog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas as a DuBose!


Christmas at the DuBose's starts on Christmas Eve Eve! I found out a few years ago I rather celebrate earlier with our children in our home then pack up our gifts.  We cook a big breakfast for dinner and all 5 kids get to open their gifts from us.  It is such a special time for me.  We are not all running around, we don't need to watch the clock, we can just sit back and enjoy!  I have seemed to continue the 3 gifts only tradition which has turned out nicely.  It may come in a box or 2 but gift child only receives 3 gifts from us.  If Jesus was brought 3 gifts...why do I think my children need more?  It also makes buying a lot easier.  My best friend, Vicki, and her fiance, Cee, come which always makes my heart smile. :)













Granny with her kids and grandkids!
My mom with her kids and grandkids!



 We continued our Christmas celebration with breakfast on Christmas Eve at my mom's house.  We all enjoy the "Papa Swap"!  Always great laughs and this year every single family member was there.  I know we all make my papa proud by getting together/  He always enjoyed holidays...not for the gifts or food but for the company!  I still him and Grayson dearly but I know they live on in our hearts!





This Christmas was our first Christmas staying home in the morning.  We usually have breakfast at Kim's house and visit with the girls.  With Carter and Lily getting bigger and Kim remarried we thought this was a great time to start some new traditions in our home.  Carter and Lily got up at 6:45am to see if Santa had stopped by.  He did!!!
Doll house, umbrella, rain boots & puzzles!
Lots of Army trucks & men, crane with trucks, & rocket launcher!













They both were thrilled with all of Santa's gifts.  Me and Ted got to sit back and build a house and truck with Carter's lego and enjoy ourselves as well.  On to Haha and Poppop's by 11am to celebrate.  Carter and Lily enjoy every second at their house.  Between the hammick, the doll house, the kitchen, and the train set I don't they don't have a second left.  And last but not least we finished our Christmas night with my mom, brother, nephew, and grandmother at my house.  My amazing mother packed up food and brought over to so we could come on home.  Dinner was amazing.  My poor ole brother was a bit sick that night but he was a trooper.  After two months planning, shopping and buying it is over in a blink of an eye!  Kids were thrilled I was off for several more days (have I mentioned I love my job!) so they had lots of time to play with all their new toys. 

On to 2013...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment